Friday, July 18, 2008

New Update to Boehnerland Update

A bird in my ear mentioned that my man Boehner might be traveling to Alaska to see first hand if there is infact any wildlife in the mosquito barren landscape of ANWR. Since that is the sole reason we're not allowed to tap those oil fields. So I did some checking and found a "Defenders of Wildlife" press release lambasting the trip. Seems like a bit of effort on the "Wildlife Defenders' part, which makes one wonder. It would be hard to defend wildlife against nasty oil drillers if there is no wildlife. Heh.

If Boehner is going in person to find and identify non-existent wildlife, I say FINALLY the Republicans are showing some of their old fire. It's about time.

Defenders of Wildlife

For Immediate Release
July 15, 2008

Rep. Boehner claims Arctic National Wildlife Refuge contains no wildlife
Defenders of Wildlife recommends an eye exam
WASHINGTON – At a news conference today, Congressman John Boehner of Ohio made it clear that his fact-finding trip to Alaska is in fact a publicity stunt aimed at undermining supporters of the pristine Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. “We’re going to look at this barren, Arctic desert where I'm hoping to see some wildlife,” Boehner told reporters. “But I understand there’s none there. But I’m still going to look for it. If I find any, I’ll let you know,” said Rep. Boehner.

No comments: