Thursday, January 27, 2011

New "Eat Like An American" Thread: Red State BBQ, Lexington Kentucky



So, I've been trying to come up with ways to spice up my blog and I had an Ah-ha moment while eating lunch. Today I launch the "Eat Like An American" or "Eat Like A Liberal" thread. Think of it as Diners, Drive-ins and Dives meets a conservative blogger. So we start off the food fun-ness with Lexington Kentucky's Red State BBQ...

Perfectly buttered and toasted bun....yummy.
Cooked-all-day-in-the-bbq-pit chicken...mmmmm.
Homemade cole slaw...nice.
Tangy and sweet, southern style sauce....yum-o.
Fresh cut pickles and onions to place atop your pile of bbq...excellent.

Restaurant named in honor of conservative red state of Kentucky....priceless.

2 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

Don't forget smoked brisket!

The_Kid said...

The good barbeque places I've eaten at have been Really good.
Mostly, they've been Texas and Arizona, but I'm sure there are some east of the Miss.