Thursday, January 27, 2011

New "Eat Like An American" Thread: Red State BBQ, Lexington Kentucky



So, I've been trying to come up with ways to spice up my blog and I had an Ah-ha moment while eating lunch. Today I launch the "Eat Like An American" or "Eat Like A Liberal" thread. Think of it as Diners, Drive-ins and Dives meets a conservative blogger. So we start off the food fun-ness with Lexington Kentucky's Red State BBQ...

Perfectly buttered and toasted bun....yummy.
Cooked-all-day-in-the-bbq-pit chicken...mmmmm.
Homemade cole slaw...nice.
Tangy and sweet, southern style sauce....yum-o.
Fresh cut pickles and onions to place atop your pile of bbq...excellent.

Restaurant named in honor of conservative red state of Kentucky....priceless.

2 comments:

Silverfiddle said...

Don't forget smoked brisket!

Kid said...

The good barbeque places I've eaten at have been Really good.
Mostly, they've been Texas and Arizona, but I'm sure there are some east of the Miss.